08 Apr Operations Manager
Who We Are
Guesthoo is an independent short term letting agency specialising in listing and managing properties through booking sites like Airbnb. We were the first of its kind in Cornwall and Devon, which are our main operating areas. However, we now manage properties all over the South West with Bristol, Somerset and The Cotswolds being our key targets for growth. Our exciting portfolio of properties ranges from shepherd’s huts to country estates. The collection has grown by 10 times in the past 2 years and we aim to continue this trajectory.
The company has a heavy focus on the use of technology to efficiently scale operations and maximise earnings. We use channel management software to list on multiple booking sites and rely on automation to reduce routine daily tasks that previously would have required a member of staff to carry out. The overarching objective being to achieve above average returns for our owners whilst running a lean, profitable business.
Working With Us
That might all sound very serious and boring, but working for us is anything but! The mix of desk and ‘in the field’ work keeps things varied and means you get to spend time travelling around the South West, visiting properties and seeing some beautiful sights on the way.
As a team, we like to keep active and enjoy outdoor activities and team dog walks. We regularly meet up for work lunches and dinners to maintain a social aspect whilst working remotely.
The main focus of the Operations Manager is to ensure smooth and efficient delivery of the company’s services. This will involve managing property maintenance, housekeeping and creating internal property documents. It will also include quality control of our properties.
We are looking for someone who is eager to join a fast growing company and take on both the challenges and opportunities that come with it. As one of our early hires, there is massive scope for development and progression, and your responsibilities and pay will grow in line with the company.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Property Maintenance – Coordinating essential maintenance and repair work at our properties is the main priority of the role. Involves liaising with contractors to arrange both real time and scheduled maintenance. Troubleshoot problems when they arise and solve them in an efficient and cost effective way
- Housekeeping Management – Communicating with housekeepers for a variety of reasons including cleanliness & maintenance issues, monitoring stocks of house consumables, special guest requests, property damages and general queries
- Quality Control – Carrying out periodic and spot inspections to ensure properties are in a good state of repair and housekeeping standards are maintained. Follow up on guest/housekeeper feedback and rectify any issues or escalate to relevant team members
- Property Guides – Gathering content and producing our internal Property Guide documents
- New Partners – Sourcing new contractors who are reliable and professional
- On-call duties – Assisting with emergency maintenance handling during our out of hours periods, when scheduled to be on-call
Essential Skill Set:
- Highly computer literate and confident using spreadsheets, word processors and learning new software
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relation skills – you may be liaising with both guests and subcontractors. You will need to form and maintain long lasting relationships
- Experience with the maintenance side of property management
- Drivers licence and transportation
- Flexible and happy to work on weekends/evenings, as required
- Proactive and willing to contribute ideas and expertise to improve the business
- Ability to use initiative to solve problems you have never come across before
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure, whilst keeping calm and maintaining great customer service
- The ability to meet changing needs and demands of the role
- Well organised and independent, able to manage their time effectively
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Experience with booking platforms such as Airbnb and VRBO etc.
- Experience working with self-catering holiday homes
- Experience with property management software
- Bonus scheme
- Yearly bonus
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Free or subsidised travel
- Work from home
- A-Level or equivalent (required)
- Property management: 2 years (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (preferred)
|Job Category||Travel & Tourism|
|Salary||£30000 - £35000 Per Year|