13 Jul Driver
My client is a market leader in the refurbished IT hardware sector. They have 16 years of success behind them, revenues over £50 million, and locations in the UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, France & Germany. Their increase in headcount has averaged over 23% for the last three years, and they’re one of the fastest growing companies within their industry. In 2021 alone, numerous awards were achieved, which is a reflection of their dedicated teams, including the Queen’s Award for international trade.
My client are committed to providing you with an environment where you can progress and succeed in, with continuous training programmes.
Due to their operational expansion, they now have an opportunity to recruit a Driver within their Operations team.
My client have a very busy warehouse in Harrogate in which they process incoming deliveries, test and refurbish used parts, and put together orders large and small for packing and shipping. There’s always a lot of activity as they often have a quick stock turnaround: and they often get requests to make same-day deliveries or pickups.
The are now looking for a new full-time member of staff to fill a dual role: driving and helping out in their warehouse. Typical requests for assistance in their warehouse will come from Goods In, Goods Out, and Test and Technical departments. There’s a myriad of different jobs to do in any one day so being flexible, affable and open to helping where you’re needed is really important! Most importantly though, you need to be available to make delivery/collection trips when required. Sometimes you’ll be delivering one part across town for a quick requirement and sometimes you’ll be collecting pallets from the other end of the country!
You will need to be flexible and available to make trips outside of the typical 9-6 working day. You really need to like driving and have experience of driving for a living: you’ll be in charge of a 3.5 ton vehicles carrying valuable and sometimes urgent goods across the country.
As you’ll be my clients representative when making deliveries and collections from their customers and suppliers, they are looking for a presentable, down to earth, confident kind of person who is at ease speaking to other professionals. You don’t need to be built like a brick but you do have to be fit because this kind of work is demanding and physical. You will also need to be responsible, organised, able to concentrate under pressure, have lots of energy and motivation…and have lots of road-trip type playlists at the ready!
- Attention to detail – you’ll need to be able to follow strict operational guidelines
- Computer literacy
- Methodical approach to problem solving and ability to use your own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Adaptability to changing daily tasks
- Professional demeanour with customers and suppliers
- Previous professional driving experience
- Previous warehousing experience is desirable
- Previous technical experience is especially desirable
- Awareness of a variety of IT component parts and enthusiasm to learn about our business and industry
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 2016 suite
- Liaising with your Warehouse, Sales, and Purchasing colleagues on any particular daily requirements, be it driving or warehouse work related
- Delivering any number of orders to customers within the UK and possibly beyond!
- Collection of orders, be it pallets, individual parts, even documents from suppliers
- Confirming and checking these orders with other professionals at site
- Presenting a professional and friendly face to customers and suppliers
- Processing and refurbishing purchased stock to company standards for reselling
- Checking and signing for goods delivered to the company
- Quality Control of processed stock, ensuring it meets company standards for resale
- Use of bespoke internal database to aid in product accuracy checks
- Use of in-house WMS software – scanning products into stock locations
- Providing specific product data to the Sales teams such as serial numbers
- Liaising with other warehouse teams to resolve any queries or issues
- Receiving and processing purchase orders from the Sales teams
- Picking orders
- Inspecting all parts to check quality, ready for dispatch
- Dispatching parts using our NetSuite system
- Using various courier shipping platforms to generate shipping labels
- Packaging the purchased goods to the required company standards
- Competitive Salary
- Private Healthcare & Dental
- Complimentary Flu Vac and Eye Tests
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Life and Critical Illness Insurance
- Regular Social Events
- Structured Induction Programme
Note: All applicants selected for this position will need to pass reference & security checks to qualify for employment.
My client are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
|Job Category||Driving, Warehouse|
|Salary||£21000 - £27000 Per Year|